The EURAM Strategic Interest Groups (SIGs) were launched in 2009 during the EURAM Annual Conference.
The research themes cover broad and transversal management disciplines for which EURAM members have shown a nourished interest over the years.
SIGs have their own governance structure, and are run by chairs together with program chairs and other officers whenever necessary.
The SIG officers have gradually taken on increasing responsibilities in the programme building of the conference and contributing to other EURAM strategic activities by:
- Offering a SIG General Track:
- Running Standing Tracks, which attract a sustained interest over the years,
- Hosting more specialized topics and symposia. Topics can become standing tracks over time. In any case, there is always room to encourage proponents of emerging topics to gather like-minded researchers to start building communities
- Providing time slots for the members of their SIGs during the annual conference such as kick-off & wrap-up activities and SIG plenaries
- Organising social events as an opportunity to network among scholars sharing similar interests
- Collaborating with the European Management Review for thematic special issues
- Cooperatinng with the Doctoral Colloquium Chairs as well as the Early Career Consortium Chairs to welcome the more junior community within the Academy
SIGs are also active throughout the year and propose workshops, seminars, conferences to their communities. Those events can be found here and in their respective webpages.
EURAM SIGs share the EURAM values of a professional community of engaged management scholars and reflective practitioners - open, inclusive, international and cross-cultural. EURAM also fosters courage, creativity, diversity and humanizing management research and practice.
All SIGs work on a voluntary basis within EURAM and we take this opportunity to thank the current SIG chairs for their dedication and guidance in advancing the research in their field (click on the SIG's name to find more information):
Thomas Durand, President
Rémi Jardat, Vice President SIGs